Friday, May 22, 2015

I want some atmosphere

I get my hair done every two months.  A few months ago, I tried a new stylist who is EXCELLENT!  Problem is, her salon is in the heart of the hood with all kinds of folks walking in and out hawking stuff. The customers have young babies they can't control.  Their conversations are filled with expletives. I close my eyes to shut out the view and try to get in Zen mode to shut out the noise

BUT, the stylist is good and I love the end result.  Plus, her fee is 30% less than the high-end spa.

However, I'm going to return to my regular salon which is part of a spa.  The atmosphere is soothing with flowers and aroma wafting through the air.  The clientele is elegant and coffee is served with pastries.

OK.  I'll miss the talented stylist but when I get my hair done…I want some atmosphere -- no matter the cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment