Saturday, May 30, 2015

Don't Burn Your Bridges

In an earlier post, I referenced my high-end and low-end hair stylist.  The one in the hood actually does a great job of doing my hair but the atmosphere is not inspiring. It is noisy, peddlers come in selling street wear, mothers bring their children who can't stop making noise and/or fighting one another.  So, it is not a place for the intellectual.  Plus, my stylist is always glum, barely speaks and I've never seen her smile.  On the other hand, my high-end salon is airy, the fragrance is enticing.  Roses are everywhere, small crepe-like sandwiches dot the corners and the place just makes you smile when you walk in. So,  I made an appointment with the stylist who is good….but not as good as my hood stylist. So, I booked it!  Wouldn't you know that my high-end stylist couldn't change my appointment when a conflict came up on my end.  I am glad I didn't burn my bridge with my other one.  I called her, made the appointment and when I got there, Girlfriend actually had a half smile on her face.  Yea, it was loud.  And, yea, there were babies running around but I just closed my eyes, pretended I was at the other place and drowned it out.  My hair was lovely and looked like it had been done in a high-end salon.  Grateful that I never burned my bridges with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment