Monday, May 11, 2015

Get a second TEST

I recently went to the doctor and got the proverbial blood pressure screening while I was there.

She hooked up the new technological machine and I was good to go. I was SHOCKED that it was so high -- almost near the dangerous zone -- as I usually don't have a problem with blood pressure.

The doctor examined me and mentioned the numbers with a concerned look on his face.  He finished the physical and vowed to "watch it" or I'd have to go on medication.

Just as I was about to leave the examining room, I asked the nurse to come in and render the test again -- but not via the machine.

My number went down by 30 points on the first number and 19 on the second.

That ended the concerned looks and the admonitions.

And, I was glad I'd insisted on getting a second test.  The anxiety would, truly, have zoomed by blood pressure to catastrophic levels!

No comments:

Post a Comment