Saturday, January 30, 2016

Will miss my friend as he begins a new chapter in his success journey

Mack McGhee entered my life about 12 years ago as a member of Toastmasters.  He was dynamic, fresh and eager to learn.  I took him under my wing and supported him through his triumphs and tragedies.  When he won on the district level, I was there.  When he lost on the regional level to a man who'd win the international contests, I was there.

When his mother and father died, I was there quietly in the background softly consoling.

I helped get his name out to the world and his rare talent and charisma by getting him on TV, in newspapers and cementing his brand.

I helped promote the Manhood Development Camp that earned him good media, including a prominent piece in the Chicago Sun Times.  The Camp was a success and he was the face of that success!

Now, he will be the superintendent of the Youth Center in Washington, DC.  He's being uprooted for an opportunity that will truly propel him to the heights of success.

Since he called me his mother, our  bond is set and secure. I'll watch from afar with pride knowing that I'd played a part in his inevitable success.

And I'll quietly pray for his well being as he begins this new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment