Friday, January 8, 2016

I was a victim of a crime

On Tuesday, I was at home resting when I heard a thunderous noise…and then another one.

I got up and went to the source of the noise!  Someone had hurled a snowball into my window -- shattering the glass. They also hit two other windows.

I was shattered as well.  But, what made it worse was the incompetent police who made crazy conclusions including their contention that a friend who'd come into the house must have been the perpetrator.

That was a ridiculous conclusion!

Then, I had to contact the insurance but the deductible is so high until I'll have to absorb the entire cost.

His wild assumptions rattled me even more.  The next day, I wrote a letter to the officer outlining suggestions and debunking his conclusions.

I'm still cleaning up but I am lucky that I can absorb these costs.  Those who live in inner cities and are fearful of getting robbed, have to deal with this on a daily basis.

So, I count my blessings while setting the record straight.

This too shall pass!

1 comment: