Monday, October 5, 2015

Not outlandish to bill someone for not coming to function

I recently hosted a dinner party for 25 people.  I called everyone a few days before to make sure they were coming so I could get my count right and order adequate food. So, I ordered food for 25.

Five people did not show.  Two called the day of to say there was a sudden death in the family.  I get that. But three others didn't show and didn't call.

So, there was a waste of over 20% and that meant money down the drain.  When I read the news about the bride who sent relatives a bill for not coming to the wedding, I could totally relate.

While I didn't send bills to these no shows/no calls they get something worse:  Not another invitation to anything I have and a downgraded relationship.

SO THERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment