Saturday, October 17, 2015

Go it alone

People -- especially women -- have a need to run in packs.  If they can't find a friend to go with, they'll stay home.

My advice:  Go it alone!

You can set your own schedule, indulge your curiosity. be free and be open to adventures that you wouldn't have with a friend holding you back.

Many years ago, I wanted to see Red Prysock in Gary.  No one could go with me and I took a chance and went alone.

It was the best experience I ever had.  I met Red and partied with him and his band.  I am convinced that had I gone with one of my less-spirited friends, I'd have never met him.

Ditto last year.  I was in the Grand Canyon and met some wonderful women.  I ended up going with them to Martha's Vineyard and they have become fast friends.  One is a Harvard professor, the other is a buyer for the Rhode Island School of Design.

Both have uplifted me and enhanced my life.  But, it's because I was alone that I had the freedom to explore and meet new friends.

Try it -- and GROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment