Saturday, October 10, 2015

A creak on the floor

I recently had a showing for a house I co-own.  I'd gotten a new roof, a new garage, new doors, new floors and overseen a wonderful rehab of this old house.

When I took the prospect on the tour, she was stoic as I listed the many upgrades to this house, that was once considered condemned.

Then, we went to the basement and there was a creak in the corner of a floor.

Suddenly, she went off.  She said the creak was an indication of some structural issues.  She went on a harangue about it and wanted the price dramatically slashed.

I viewed this as an excuse and a red herring.  She looked at me with her demands and I merely reasoned that it was something minor.  But, she was still on a tear and made her offer, which was ridiculous.

I thanked her and wished her well.

I will look into the creak but I won't let a small creak cost me tens of thousands of dollars.

I ain't crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment