Monday, December 30, 2013

Be strong on social media

Recently, I've led or participated in a few threads whose subjects are rather controversial.

I have been shocked at the taunts, lack of civility, meanness and cruelty that occurs when those on the thread think you're WRONG. There is no middle ground with some of these "haters."  But, you must be strong, maintain your position and if it gets too snarky, just leave it alone. It just isn't worth it.

I read somewhere of a guy who thinks folks who stay on Facebook all day trolling and commenting, are boring and don't have great lives.  When I was at the other end of that venom, I thought of his statement.

When I was under siege, I maintained my cool, stayed strong to my position and withstood the onslaught.

But, when I dip my toe in this territory again, I will think long and hard about whether it's worth it to engage.

No comments:

Post a Comment