Monday, December 2, 2013

Just say no - You're worth it

I was invited to a relative by marriage's house for Thanksgiving.  Last year, it was a nightmare because one her brothers is a former resident of the penitentiary system -- as in a former prisoner.  I had to be careful what I said and gentle about my questions until I didn't have a great time.  Plus, he was in for a serious crime so I was a little queasy.

I know you're supposed to be charitable around the holidays but, this year, I reflected on last year and decided it was an opportunity for ME time so I decided to "JUST SAY NO."

After all, I believe I'm worth it.  Instead, I spent the day with good friends and had a wonderful, marvelous time.  So, sometimes, being around relatives is not always the answer.




No comments:

Post a Comment