Monday, January 6, 2014

Social Media Opus II - Be nice

Recently, and as the last blog underscores, I was savaged by folks in a social media thread.  Today, I'm seeking a realtor and put the word out on Facebook.  One of those who was particularly cruel inquired about it.  When I saw her name, I went back over the thread to confirm that she was who I thought she was.  I plan to tell her why she won't be considered.  Those intemperate, uncivil taunts, come back to haunt you.  So, even when on the other side of an argument, be civil, be nice, and be aware of what your behavior and intemperate, mean-spirited comments can cause....good or bad.  In this case, we wouldn't consider her at all for this opportunity.  I'm not being vindictive, but merely protecting us from those who are unkind and do not reflect our values.

No comments:

Post a Comment