Friday, September 15, 2017

Be supportive

One of my regrets is that I never ran for office.  I am convinced that I would have made a good public servant.

But, it's too late now.

So, when a younger person I know (from my sorority, for example) puts his/her in the political ring and runs for office, I support them.

In the last six months, two of my sorority sisters and the husband of a friend have run for office.  One beat an incumbent who'd been in office for several terms.  Another beat a long-time mayor but going door to door.

My final friend is running and the election is March 20.  I went to her fundraiser last night, made a donation, promised to craft a press release and send to my contacts and vowed to volunteer.

I never made the run but I'm going to be supportive of those who dare to make the political plunge.

I'm there for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment