Friday, June 30, 2017

So Proud

OK.  I was really in love with this guy about a year ago.  We were almost inseparable for two months.  It was heavenly.

Yes.  He had financial issues but I made sure our dates were low cost like walking, playing tennis, going to free lectures.

It was great!

Then, on July 4th, after a wonderful afternoon, he left and I never heard from him.

Poof.

Gone.

I was so hurt.  The last I heard, he was sick so I thought something had happened to him.

Finally, I stopped trying.

Then, about a month ago, he called -- out of the blue.

He announced that he was getting married but that he really enjoyed our time together.

I couldn't understand why he called but, he missed me and wanted to pick up some of the pieces.

But, I told him he had hurt me and I just can't resume anything.  I told him how empty I'd felt and how I had to struggle to get through the days.  While he was romancing a new woman, I was in pain.

It would have been so easy for me to consent.

But I told him "NO."  He had hurt me and I wouldn't let him back in my life -- particularly since he was now engaged.

So, when we hug up, I cried.  But I knew I'd done the right thing.  Seeing him again, with this new entanglement was an invitation for more pain.

So, I hung up and after crying, I congratulated myself for seeing the obvious.

I am so proud to have been strong...not weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment