Friday, June 2, 2017

Pen is Mighty

Recently, I had an "encounter" with an inspector from the City where I live.  He ranted and raved and was so disrespectful as he talked about the violations at a rental property I own.

He threatened me with the prospect of a fine and said I'd have to go to court.  He gave me 48 hours to fix the issue.  I did it in 24 hours.

I remained calm throughout this tirade. But I wasn't going to let him get away with talking to me like that.

I got his name, title and wrote a letter to the Mayor. And I mentioned that I'm Vice President of the Library Board where I volunteer.

Next thing I know I get a call from the Mayor's office.  He wants to meet me. And, when I went down to the Housing Department to look into the fine, I was told it was withdrawn because the violation had been handled.

The mean inspector broke the news and he was all contrite.

Hmmm...The power of the pen in action.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment