Friday, November 6, 2015

Worth the trip

I love "different" types of movies but they often aren't shown at my neighborhood theater.  And, really, a lot of my friends don't like my taste.

But I own it.

Recently, I wanted to see "The Walk" about Philippe Petit's Walk across the Twin Towers as a wire walker. Problem is it was showing at a theater over 50 miles away.

I pondered it but I was moved by the reviews.  So, I jumped in the car and made the trek.  I got a little lost but I had given myself a cushion so I arrived exactly on time.

I was so glad I made the trip because the movie is great!  I was even given those 3D glasses, which made me look kinda cute. Because it is a true story, you felt triumphant as the story unfolded.  At times, I was in tears…at other times, I was jumping up and down with laughter.  And, at the height of the walk, I had to turn away so I wouldn't see how far he was from the street, and the real possibility of a fall -- and death.  With his team of accomplices, he did it and that was so uplifting.

I left the theater so exhilarated and so happy I made the journey.  Why?  Because it was worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment