Sunday, November 15, 2015

Back to your roots

Last night, I attended my high school (Harlan) reunion -- my 50th.  I hadn't planned to go -- after all, I wasn't very popular in high school and didn't flower until college.

But then, someone bought me a ticket and I was committed.

Despite my reluctance, I had fun.  It was great to see fellow classmates who roamed the halls with me.  The popular ones are now weighed down by life but they attend these events to revisit the glory days..before..well.

The high school days represent a distant future…and I was in my total Geekdom there.  But, the years wash away that type of resentment and I greeted, hugged, laughed and had fun with my classmates.  We mourned those who didn't make it and there was an impressive sideshow that brought everyone to quiet.

In the end, I was happy I came.  Why? because at this event, I had returned to my roots -- and that is always uplifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment