Monday, November 2, 2015

Treat yourself…it's a worthwhile investment

I recently attended a dinner dance. Because it is far from my home, I decided to spend the night at the hotel.

Pricey?  Yes.  Worth it.  Also yes.

I was able to luxuriate in a four-star hotel with a view of Lake Michigan.  So tranquil and serene.

In the morning, I walked over to the lake at sunrise and did some yoga breathing.  With the backdrop of the lake and the city’s beauty, I felt totally uplifted.  Walking back, I marveled at the tableaux of Chicago and got a renewed sense of appreciation for the city.

Later, I had brunch at the signature restaurant.  With omelete stations and an airy atmosphere, I was pleased to enjoy a full menu of breakfast delights.  I always check out the bacon and was happy that it was nice and crisp.


My coffee cup was constantly filled and I made too many trips for refills.  I checked out with a smile on my face and happy to have made the investment in ME.  It was worth it and I vowed to do it again…SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment