Saturday, April 4, 2015

Walking up four flights - What you do for clients

Today, I attended a client event at a very old school.  It was a class helping young black youth overcome obstacles to achieve.  I didn't have to be there since the agreement was to write/distribute the press release.

Well, as a show of support, I had to be there.

But, I didn't know that I'd have to climb four flights of steep steps to get there.

Now I have a bad knee, arthritis and, well, I'm OLD! So, climbing those steps was a real labor.

As I finished climbing each flight, I marveled at the lesson learned:  You do what you have to do to support your client.  As I rounded the fourth flight and walked into the instruction room, the client's face lit up.

So, despite the pain and the trouble, seeing his smile was worth it.

And, as I left, he said: "I want to talk to you about another project!"

So, that made the four flights -- OUCH! -- all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment