Monday, September 12, 2022

No love for Patrick McEnroe but Taylor overcomes

Taylor Townsend is a FAB-U-LOUS tennis player, savvy, cunning and just DAMN GOOD!

I did a deep dive into her background and discovered -- SHOCKINGLY -- that Patrick McEnroe had totally fat shamed her and attempted to derail her career when she was the #1 junior.  

This lack of embracing/encouraging/uplifting Taylor really hurt her career.  She got no sponsors, no money --nothing but GRIEF from the tennis community.

He hurt her and she suffered.

And so, when she and Caty McNally won their way to the US Open doubles match, I applauded and bowed to her.

She made her statement and they had the nerve to have Patrick McEnroe interview her -- spoiling her moment.

Many years ago, I met Patrick McEnroe when the women's championships were held at Madison Square Garden.  We exchanged pleasantries and I remarked that he was a "good commentator."

Now that I know his character is lacking, I rescind that compliment.

Character is important and his treatment toward Taylor forces me to descend into the gutter.

Patrick McEnroe sucks!


No comments:

Post a Comment