Monday, October 28, 2019

Back in the mix

Well, my chapter (Theta Omega of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority) asked me to run for  PR and marketing chairman -- a volunteer position. Since I'd served in that role for the international organization, I felt it would be demeaning to run and campaign.

That was a condition.

The Nominating Committee told me that I had no competition.

One hurdle cleared.

Plus, I've been basking in my retirement life and didn't really want to work hard.

So, the former chairman called who informed me that I can set my own schedule and the tasks should revolve around what I want to do.

Second hurdle cleared.

Then, while this isn't a hurdle, they praised me and lifted me up and appealed to me because they have a need and I was the only one with the qualifications to really help the chapter soar.

With that genuine appeal, I was all in.

So, I'm back in the mix. Not making money but, hopefully, I'll make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment