Monday, August 13, 2018

Black Harvest Film Festival

A few years ago, the Black Harvest Film Festival promoted the series by hosting screenings at local libraries.  I attended many of the screenings and gained an appreciation for their mission:  giving exposure to local African-American filmmakers.

I LOVED IT!

I enjoyed the movies and, in some cases, the filmmaker was there to field questions and to talk more about his journey.  Plus, we were served refreshments.

As an added incentive, we received complimentary tickets to the REAL showings.

I went and enjoyed the Festival immensely.

Since then, I've gone because the promotional effort made me a believer and a lover of the Festival.

You see the trendy folks there who, also, appreciate the mission and the cinematic message.

It's a win/win and part of my annual must-attends.




No comments:

Post a Comment