Monday, November 20, 2017

Is she really a friend?

I have a "friend" who is very judgmental of my carefree spirit.  I like her in many ways but I've learned to stop sharing tid bits of my life with her because she always has a negative opinion of some of my "free spiritedness."

I love taking chances and living life to its fullest.  Some people admire me for living life on the edge at times and taking chances. But, others -- like this "friend," has issues with it.

Last week, we had lunch and I stayed on safe topics...without triggering the "opinion mode." It was her birthday so I treated her to lunch.  While she tends to be unpleasant at times, I found our lunch together fun and engaging.

But, it occurred to me that, if being with her requires putting a filter on what I share, then, perhaps she really isn't a friend after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment