Friday, January 6, 2017

So what if it's cold

I went to the Chicago Botanic Garden today.  It was 10 degrees and everyone seemed to be surprised that I was going to an outdoor odyssey.  Even when I drove up, the parking attendant wouldn't charge me the $25 because she said there was "nothing to see."

But there was a lot to see.

There were three greenhouses filled with exotic plants, ferns, cacti and everything imaginable.  I spent an hour in the three greenhouses, marveled and took selfies in front of a tangled fern.

Even through the cold, I walked through the gardens and imagined that they were blooming.  I could see the architecture within each garden and that gave me some visualization of what it will be like in the spring/summer.

It was a magical day and nicer because I was almost the only one there.

But I will go back in the spring and summer to see all in full bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment