Monday, March 14, 2016

One "person" doesn't stop a show

I am going to Cuba...alone.  That wasn't the way it started.  I was going with a woman who heard on Facebook that I wanted to go to Havana.

She said she'd like to go.

We met over lunch and discerned that we could be companions.  In fact, she and I saw so many similarities until we agreed that being traveling companions would be a good fit.  Like me, she is free spirited and a careful risk taker.

I liked her and saw a "mini-me" in this younger woman.We corresponded via e-mail and phone as we set up plans.

But, then, she began to become scarce.  Finally, I caught up with her.  She said she'd gotten a new job and couldn't get away.

For a nano-second, I thought about not going.  But, that was only for a nano-second.

I shifted gears and gave myself the talk:  Don't let one person stop you from going.

So, I made the reservations and I'm off to Havana -- alone.  But, come to think about it, alone is how I usually roll -- and I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment