Monday, March 28, 2016

Coming out of retirement -- for a good cause!

Since going into semi-retirement, I've been approached to work on many projects.

The answer has always been:

"Thanks...but no."

Until Real Men Cook reached out.  This is an entity that promotes Black Fatherhood on Father's Day. I worked on it many years ago and helped with its national outreach.

But, for the last few years, the founder let her son handle and manage it and he had his own team.

This year, however, the weight of the event took its toll and it is clear that she needs to seize control again.

So she's pulled in her original team.

Including me.

It is taking a dynamic new direction that makes me excited and fired up.

So, how could I refuse?

I said "Thanks and yes." And, for this, I'm coming out of retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment