Saturday, January 3, 2015

The importance of vetting

I'm into betting professionals. In the last year, I've had to change my dentists and gynecologist. In both situations, I was diligent about vetting. I first went to friends, including Facebook friends, who provided great lists. From there, I turned to the Internet to view the qualifications and, most important, the comments. By this time, I'd whittled the list down to a few.  So, the final hurdle was how the office handled the phone. The ones that won out were those who had a "real" person answering the phone. The ones rejected were those with voicemails with directions to call 911 in case of emergencies. Even with that, I left a message.  If I didn't hear back within 24 hours, they were eliminated. Those whom I selected had great receptionists. So, with proper vetting, I got a new dentist and a new gynecologist serving my needs. In person they are professional, caring, passionate and likable. Their receptionist, nurses and attendant help are all excellent. In the end, it was worth the time to vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment