Saturday, January 24, 2015

Don't quit

I'm working with a worrisome client.  Very worrisome.  It is for a short period of time but it has been an exasperating experience.

I'm not the only one who feels that way as the media outlets I'm trying to reach have practically groaned when I mentioned her name.

It would be easy for me to quit.  But, I'm not.  I will trudge it out and stay pleasant and still try to yield results.

In the end, it would be good for my sense of professionalism.  She hasn't been abusive…cursing and going crazy.  She's just a micromanager.  Results can tame that and, even with the groans, strides have been made.

But to bail on an event would be unprofessional.  So, I have posted this quote on my laptop:

Don't quit.

I won't work with her again but, for this project, I've vowed to:

Don't quit.

When her quirkiness irks me, I'm going to stick to my mantra:

Don't quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment