Monday, November 5, 2012

Regrouping

On November 1, my cat Chloe died.  She wasn't sick, didn't appear to be  in distress so I had no real indication.  So, when I saw her in her cat box motionless, I tapped her...no response.

It didn't take long for me to realize that she was dead.

I was heartbroken.

I put her lifeless body in the laundry room but became sad when I saw her lying there...dead.  So, I buried her and went to the Animal Shelter to adopt a new cat.

Chloe was a shelter cat and I gave her a home for nine years until she was 16.  My new cat, Fela, is also a shelter cat and is fitting in well with my life and filling the void.

While still grieving, I've given another cat a home.  As the ad goes, the best friend of a shelter cat is a human offering a home.

Glad to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment