Monday, October 10, 2011

Presentations and Quotas

I gave a presentation on Saturday and only four folks showed up, although 40 were promised. So. I presented like there were 400 people there. You can't punish those who made the effort by not giving your all.

HOWEVER, I had to take the coordinator aside and advise her on how far off the mark she was and I gave her strategies on how to make sure members come...even on sunny days in October.

provide an incentive - members compete for awards and attending this event could have been positioned as an event that would go towards getting that end-of-year award
serve food and publicize that - OK. Food is always an incentive
do follow up calls
raffle a prize for those who attend - announce that upfront

She asked me to come back. I turned her offer down..for now. After all, I sacrificed a balmy day in October and, based on that track record, I'm not apt to come any time soon.

Sorry



No comments:

Post a Comment