Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!

 Another year.  Another year older.  Another year wiser.

For me, after a disastrous Christmas, it's good to welcome a new year.

I pray that I have the discipline and wherewithal and the inner tools to wait before responding and acting.

Last year, a woman irked me in the airport.  I wanted to give her the side eye and an eye roll.

But I resisted.

About a week later, she sought me out for an assist with something.  I was glad to help and, working with her, I realized how kind and resourceful she is.

I liked her.

And she liked me.

She invited me to a function that I would have never been invited to.  I went and had a ball.  She treated me like I was royalty.

I'm glad I resisted the urge to be unkind.  Why? Because being civil brought me a new friend and valuable contact.

And that makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment