Monday, October 30, 2023

Raising Up Women

Women can be so catty at times. Cutting each other down. Not always being supportive.

But I'm glad that, within my circle, we praise every little triumph, uplift when women are being challenged and support and love one another -- ALWAYS!

My friend Kathy Times led a Zoom meeting where we met with a semi-celebrity.  She opened the meeting applauding me, showcasing my little victories and  raising me up!

That sparked my soliloquy about her.  Going on and on about her courage, her leadership skills and her conviction when taking on battles that she, inevitably, wins.

I've admired Kathy since I met her years ago at the National Association of Black Journalists convention. She's brave. She's engaging. And, she's funny.

But what I love about her is how she compliments, praises and absolutely gushes about me -- and all women she touches.

We need to use Kathy Times as an example of how to raise up women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment