Monday, November 12, 2018

CHINA!

I'm still basking in the joy of being in China for 10 days.  Climbing the Great Wall of China will forever be etched in my consciousness as history-making and life altering.  Navigating and negotiating those uneven and steep steps was a physical test but exhilarating to know that I made it to the third tier...or 3/4 of a mile.  So, that meant I managed to scale 1 1/2 miles of this wonder.

Of course, visiting the largest Buddha in the world was dynamic.

We went to Forbidden City, Summer Palace and so many wondrous sites, that we were ripping and running daily.

I met some wonderful women, including two sistas, on the same tour but not on the same bus.  We vowed to get together again....Ditto for two native American women from Albuquerque who I vowed to visit.

It was tiring but rewarding.  The worst part being the ride home and the incessant security checks.  When I got to O'Hare and thought I was almost home free, the security summoned me into still another security checkpoint and I almost went crazy.

All in all, it was a trip of a lifetime.  Bears repeating.

It was a trip of a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment