Monday, May 1, 2017

Regrets? Yes. I have them.

Recently a woman I kinda worked with passed.

We shared a client but provided different services.  Any time we collaborated, we clashed.

At the root of it was my jealousy that my client was so impressed with her and RAVED about her.  Well, he also raved about me but my insecurities came shining through whenever I saw her.  She ignored my petulance...to her credit.  Her role eventually ended and I had the client "all to myself again."

I was happy....or was I?

About five years ago, she came to my home for an event and, instead of getting huffy, I welcomed her.  I am glad I did.

But I never saw her again.

Then, when I heard she'd passed, I felt and feel terrible.

I have to do better.  I have to put my insecurities aside for my greater good.  And, I'm glad I have learned and matured.

She was good at what she did. I am good at what I do.  Why I couldn't realize that at the time.  Even though the project was completed, it could have gone smoother but for me.

Dear Friend,

Thanks for being better and bigger than me.  I will let your graciousness be my guidepost going forward.

And, I'm sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment