Friday, February 24, 2017

One Lie

I wanted to help an associate who'd run into a challenge.  I felt her story is worthy of going to the media.

So, I worked by contacts and got an audience with a reporter and a producer.

The problem is that they saw a discrepancy in her story and, it was quite clear, that she had lied about portions of it.

I was embarrassed.

While most of the story is true, the one lie destroyed her credibility.

I can no longer help her.

There was an attorney who once helped a man get out of his jail.  He offered to handle the case for free on one condition:

He can never lie.  The lawyer said if he ever caught him in a lie, he would get off the case.

The guy never lied and the lawyer got him off.

And, so, thinking of that situation, I opted out of helping her.

Never lie...it doesn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment