Monday, August 17, 2015

Making good decisions

Over the weekend, I had to make some on-the-spot decisions.

I was at a Festival my town of Markham, Illinois.  was hosting.  It was wonderful, the vibe was great and the atmosphere was magical. There were vendors, there.  Games.  A lot of color and frolicking.  Yet, my Sorority was having a fundraiser that evening.  That meant leaving the Fest, showering, dressing and heading into the City.

I stayed with the Festival.  It's my hometown.  The Mayor just appointed me to the Library Board.  And, my Mayor David Webb, Jr., is GREAT! And, I was relaxed in my jeans.  Plus, I got to meet some of my neighbors.  It was GREAT!

Then, on Sunday, I pondered going on my 3.7 mile walk.  It's too hot, I complained.  But, I went anyway with the silent vow that if it got too much, I could turn around.  Much of the trail is enveloped in trees and the breeze was soothing.  Before I knew it, I'd finished the walk.

I'm glad I resisted the urge to stay home.  Two great decisions.  I'm on a ROLL!

No comments:

Post a Comment