Friday, February 27, 2015

Look on the upside because it could have been worse

I was in St. Maarten recently and had a GREAT time. However, upon my return, my water was off from the dreadful cold. Foolishly, I forgot to keep the water dripping slightly while I was away.

Then, the pipes burst!

While I was wallowing in self pity, I thought about how lucky I was that this happened right after I returned home.  Had it happened while I was away, I'd have come up to a catastrophe: a house upended, dealing with insurance, justifying the costs, losing possessions, losing my center.

Then I thought how lucky I was.  I was able to get it fixed, albeit for a price.  But the price of the repair  way outweighed what it could have been.

So, I decided to look on the upside…because it could have been worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment