Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fate is my friend

I was recently in Detroit supporting a sorority sister as she and her husband opened their spa.  It was an awesome event and I was so glad I made the trip.  Just the smile that greeted me made the trip worth it.  But, while I was there, I visited the Wright Museum of African American History.  It was a beautiful visit and the exhibits, memorabilia, artifacts and the overall presentation of the Museum are beyond words. I've always felt Karma was with me because, as I was about to visit my final exhibit and enter the area, a lady said:  "Hi Soror!"  Well, I was carrying me AKA bag and she is a member.  We chatted and it turned out that she is the Vice President of the Museum.  From there, it was nothin' but love.  She gave me a personal tour of the Museum, and shared historic nuggets that I never would have learned.  To top it all off, she gave me a ride to the train depot where I caught the train home.  Had I been a minute early or late, I'd have missed her as she was on her way to her office. It was a memorable visit that became a delightful experience because of this fortuitous meeting.  I've introduced her to AKAs in the area and she made the outreach to them. A fortuitous twist of fate created this meeting and resulted in a new bond and a lifelong friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment