Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sometimes you have to wait for second impressions

I don't know if I dazzle on first impressions.  So, I've always waited for second meetings.  Now, I'm single and many years ago,  I dated a guy who my friends insisted I'd like.  My first impression could be summed up in one word:  DUH!

Again, my friends insisted that I go out again.  OK, I said.  On the second date, I saw him in a different light and that led to three, four, five and more dates and a long term relationship that ended after five years -- and amicably.

On Friday, I again went on a first date and I felt the guy was a tad bit country.  But, then I remembered my friend from years ago and decided to give it a second chance and look at him through different eyes.  Country can be charming if flipped over and can lead to another C - commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment