Sunday, August 3, 2014

Loyalty

I'm big on loyalty and I abide by an honor code. If I am close to you, or if I was responsible for putting you in a position of prominence, I feel I should be drawn into the inner circle. Failing to do so is the beginning of the bridge being burned.  Recently, I got a company a $20,000 a month account for a client I worked with.  When I asked about one particular aspect of it, he refused to tell me…citing confidentiality.  I told him I would not share the information, which I was bound to discover anyway.  They, again, refused.  I was charged with determining if they should continue the contract beyond the initial 90 days.  I nixed it because I had to rescue them because they had difficulty learning the culture of the organization.  So, I did a lot of rewrites and overhauls. But, I am convinced that had they been loyal, and shared the information, which I knew by then, I would have tried to save the account for them. So, that scintilla of disloyalty cost them.

No comments:

Post a Comment