Monday, July 28, 2014

It still hurts

I have to acknowledge when I hurt.  Yesterday, I went to a function and was headed toward a spot where a friend was when I learned that ___________was there.  She and I were great friends once but, during our friendship, I entrusted her with my Dad's care during a period when we were looking for a caregiver.  Instead of helping, she  swindled my dad/me out of some money and was part of the nightmare surrounding my Dad's death. The money wasn't substantial enough to sue her but, the act showed me her true character.  So, at this function,  when I learned she was there,  I stopped dead in my tracks.  As much as I wanted to greet my friend, I realize that the memory of her fraud remains an issue with me.  Until I'm able to come to grips with the pain that she caused my family, I suppose I'll do what I did yesterday:  Turn around and go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment