Monday, June 16, 2014

Let it go - do it anyway

Over a year ago, I had a big blow up with a friend.  We both held to our positions and we both thought we were right.

On May 28, he celebrated his birthday.  We haven't spoken in a year.  I'm not sure that I want the same type of intense relationship/friendship because of what came to pass between us.  However, on some level, I miss him.

So, I made the gesture and sent him an e-card for his birthday.  He responded asking how I'm doing.  I responded, via e-mail:  GREAT!

We haven't corresponded since and he hasn't reached out.  But I'm glad I opened the door to restore some semblance of a friendship anyway.  Yes, I let it go and reached out anyway.

And I feel good about it.  It's great therapy and cleansing to let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment