Monday, January 23, 2023

Vietnam

Vietnam has always intrigued me.  I had friends who fought there and either didn't survive -- or survived with mental problems.

But now that the war is behind us, tourism is on the rise.

I caught the bug.

So, on March 6, I'm going to Vietnam for a tour and to see whether it's as beautiful as so many have boasted.

In anticipation of writing a book about my solo travels, I'll record impressions and prepare a journal. I'll also take plenty of pictures.

But the biggest surprise is my decision to ride in Business Class.  In past trips, I've taken the tourist route by going on economy, which keeps the price down. It also means you'll be exposed to crying babies, a cramped seat, little air between passengers meaning being susceptible to colds.

This is a pricey option but friends who have taken this route say it's worth the money to be away from the discomfort.

So, that's what I'm doing. I want to enjoy Vietnam...and not tired. I want to be vibrant and ready to discover this city wide awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment