Monday, December 5, 2022

Human contact

You simply can't make authentic connections via Facebook, email or even on the phone.

I'd been trying to connect with a media type but she wouldn't return my call.  Then, I found out that she was invited to a party of an organization of which I'm a member.

Problem #1:  There was no assurance she'd be there.

Problem #2:   He was freezing cold out and I lived far from the party site.

Never mind, I thought.  I'll take my chances.

So, I braved the cold and drove in the dark to an uncertain outcome.

But everything was working:

SHE WAS THERE!  I scampered up to her, introduced myself and engaged in brief banter. 

PLUS!  I met several others I craved to introduce myself to.

As soon as I got home, I sent out "It was nice meeting you" emails to each.  Of the five I emailed, I got kind responses from three...including the contact I wanted to meet.

So, the human contact is key - ALWAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment