Monday, April 25, 2022

Looking Forward to a Summer of Conventions, Connections and Camaraderie

I am anticipating Summer 2022 because my datebook suggests I'm going to have a Summer of Fun, Frolic and one Full of learning.

It starts July 10-15 when I journey to Orlando for Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority's Boule´.  It'll be a week of hugging, reconnecting, learning and -- of course -- celebrating our sorority.  

From August 3-7 is the National Association of Black Journalists' convention in Las Vegas.  That's a great time to make valuable connections and to network.  I've always enjoyed NABJ and, against the backdrop of Las Vegas, I should have even more fun.

Coming off of a week of NABJ will be the Western and Southern Tennis Tournamentfrom August 13-21. This will be the third year I'm going and it has always been awesome. The top players journey there before the US Open.  I look forward to seeing the top players up front and personal as the bleachers practically touch the courts. 

The summer will cap off with my Summer dinner that's held the last Sunday of September and marks the end of summer. Because of COVID, I haven't had it for a couple of years. But, as COVID lifts, it's time.  

I'm looking forward to my Summer of Fun and will report on every moment -- RIGHT HERE!

Hope yours will be fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment