Monday, May 17, 2021

The "problem" with connecting

 While I enjoy acquiring new friends of the various social media platforms, this can become a problem when someone is trying to solicit you for a ticket,  pitch you to get your insurance from their company and asking you to become one of their clients for _________. You fill in the blank.

I 'get' that it's important to establish connections and promote your enterprise.  But, let's establish a connection without the pitch so I don't feel pitched to.

I am in business and have always waited a decent amount of time before hitting someone up for something I want.  I establish trust and a real relationship.  I invite them to something.

So when connecting -- REALLY CONNECT at the start!

Don't start promoting YOU before embracing your prospect.

Now that's truly connecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment