Monday, May 14, 2018

My Golden Reunion

I leave this week to attend my 50th College Reunion from Spelman College.  It is hard to believe it's been that long.

It will be a nostalgic occasion filled with rituals, rites of passage and remembrances.

I look forward to returning to the campus where memories were sown and where traditions are strong.  Values were stressed and traditionalism was emphasized.

I thank my parents for choosing it for me and for the foundation of strength it provided me and continues to provide.

As I look around at the way life has evolved with the coarseness and lack of civility, I hold Spelman dear for building character and creating a strong bond of faith.

Spelman is part of my growth and I look forward to returning to the scene that helped flower me.


No comments:

Post a Comment